Borrow an iPad for business
Why not add a bit of digital to your business.
People can now loan a brand new iPad from Minehead Library, in the same way they might loan a book! Funded by Somerset West and Taunton, this service is specifically aimed at businesses or potential new businesses. Five tablets have been pre-loaded with a range of toolkits, apps and links to help you get started in developing your digital strategy and exploring opportunities such as website design, on-line finance and social media. The iPads can be loaned free of charge for one month – all you need is a Somerset Libraries Card (and if you don’t have one, just pop in to any Somerset library with ID such as a driving licence and the staff will be happy to help)
Who can borrow an iPad?
- Pre Start-Up Business (thinking about starting a business)
- Start-Up Business (in the early stages of setting up a business)
- Established business
- Other (individual/student/charity)
How Do I Borrow An iPad?
Just visit Minehead library or contact Minehead library via email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about availability.
All borrowers will be asked to sign a form to show their agreement with the Terms and Conditions for borrowing devices and agree to providing feedback on the use of the device to help monitor the effectiveness of the project and to help with potential new information, apps and links
Terms and Conditions for borrowing devices
I agree to the following Terms and Conditions: –
- The period of loan for this device is one month (4 weeks) from the date on this form, the device must be returned to Minehead, Williton or Dulverton Library by the return date
- A feedback form should be completed by all borrowers of devices to enable Somerset Libraries to gather data on the links/apps and other information accessed by device users
- The devices are only to be used for the purposes of research and information in relation to starting or growing/developing a business
- Under no circumstances should the device be used for accessing and/or downloading inappropriate material such as pornography or gambling sites
- The devices must be returned in good working order and in the same condition as borrowed
- Any damage to the device incurred by individual borrowers must be paid for by those borrowers concerned
All data and information will be deleted from the device immediately when the device is returned to the Library